Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Fathers Day

TWIT and I would like to wish a very Happy Fathers Day to the Old Man, aka my father.  We had a pretty good day, watching it rain for most of the day, but that's OK.  We had a great Fathers Day dinner, and have had a great time so far just being together.  

One thing bothers me. If you look at Facebook today (or "Fakebook" as a good friend of mine calls it) there were posts galore of Fathers Days well wishes, along with the customary tons of pictures that Facebook friends posted of their fathers.  It really bothered me to see those pictures and then know the backstory - how many of them that posted the pictures just because they are obsessed with posting on Facebook.  I could count on both hands the number of Facebook friends who bag on their fathers, and yet posted pictures wishing them Happy Fathers Day, making everything think that they are so devoted and proud of their fathers.  

I didn't post any pictures on FB of my dad, mainly because he doesn't like pictures of him being posted, so I respect that.  But anyone that knows me knows how much I love him and am devoted to him.  I don't need Facebook to prove that to anyone. 

Happy Fathers Day, Old Man.  I love you, mas. 

No comments: