Thursday, June 4, 2020

Covid19 Update 6-4-20

This was the day that I went back to the office full-time.  Things were very different than they were when I left the office on March 30.  We have to enter into the building through the main front entrance and get our temperature taken, and we have to wear masks while in the building.  But I digress.

I got to work late after taking the Old Man to his Heart Failure Center appointment, and once I got in the office, it took almost two hours before I could get someone from IT to come down and get my computer and phone up and running.  But it is what it is.

It was strange today, walking through the office and plant while wearing a mask, and at the same time seeing everybody else wearing a mask.  My heart truly goes out to the people working in the factory in 90+ degree heat while wearing a mask.  

The doctor's visit was different.  We had to call when we parked the car, and they would call us when we could come on into the office.  We were there early, so we waited maybe 15 minutes and then they called and we put on our masks and headed on in.   He went straight to the exam room while I got his debit card and paid his co-payment.  The nurse that took his blood was very fast and good, and it was just a minute or two after she left before the doctor came in.  All in all, he got a good report.  He's happy, and not worried, and to me, that makes a big difference in things.  After getting him back at home and getting him breakfast, I headed onto work. 

But I made it through the first official day back full-time.  I'm sure I will be going to bed early tonight; I didn't sleep much last night, worrying if my alarm would go off in time to get us to the doctor's office.  But I can always take a nap. 

No comments: