Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Covid 19 Update 6-30-20

We interrupt today's Covid19 Update to bring a more somber message. 

Today would have been my parents' 62nd anniversary.  I know it was very hard on the Old Man today.  And I am so thankful for my Favorite Cousin calling him this morning and talking and laughing with him for over a half an hour, and I am thankful for his Favorite Cousin coming up from Breckenridge County yesterday to spend the day with him. 

I'd been dreading this day for a few months, just because I knew it would be hard on him.  But I had my own meltdown earlier at work.  I was listening to Sirius and they played George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and I had to run to the bathroom so nobody would see my crying.  That's a hard song to handle any day, much less on a day like today.  

But we made it through this day.  We had a great supper, and are watching our favorite Andy and Barney, and in a bit we will have some peach cobbler and ice cream.  And I know my Sweet Mother is smiling down on us right now. 

No comments: