Monday, January 21, 2019

I'm A Bad Mother

I am going to admit I am a bad mother to my Girls.  It's on me.  This morning, I was so focused on getting the newspaper in to the 'Rents (after giving them numerous orders to NOT get out on the treacherous ice in the driveway) that I totally forgot to go out to the chicken coop and open the door for the Girls to get out into their pen.  

I worried about this all day long - my mind was racing, thinking that when I got home tonight and opened the door to the coop they would be all dehydrated and lifeless.  Au contraire.  I opened the door to their coop (that opens out into their big pen) , and they all ran over to the big door where I was and let me pick up each and every one of them to love on them and apologize for forgetting to let them out.  They all ran over to the waterer and drank a bunch when they came out of the coop, and I hope they won't hold this against me. 

No comments: