Sunday, January 6, 2019

Buyer Beware

Anyone that knows me knows I love to watch a good informercial, especially when the product has to do with cooking.  We watched a great infomercial during lunch today - it was for an indoor grill.  It was made by the trustworthy folks at Philips - the same Philips that gave us one of the first television sets, and other great electronic products.  We talked about it, and then The Old Man said "If you want it, get my debit card and buy it."  So I go his debit card, got online to the Philips website.  In big, bold print was "Grill today for only $69.99."  Now, wouldn't you think that was the price of the grill?  Au contraire. You can grill today for only $69.99; that much was true.  But after 30 days if you want to keep it, they will charge you for four additional payments of $69.99.  I think I'll pass. 

No comments: