Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Something You Don't See Every Day

We needed milk and a few other things, so I got up early this morning and ran up to the Super Krogers, just in case they had some cool things that I couldn't live without.  But I digress. 

I got my milk and a few other things and then quickly checked out.  As I was walking out of the store, I passed by the Kentucky Lottery vending machine, the turn-in-you-old-cell-phone-for-cash machine, the coins-for-cash machine, and a new vending machine I had never seen before: turn-in-your-unwanted-gift cards-for-cash.  

The part that blew me away was, first of all, I have never seen a machine like this before.  I knew there are places online you could redeem the cards for cash, but have never seen a vending machine for it.  The second thing that blew me away, was the fact that it was before 9:00 in the morning, and when I passed by the machine on my way out of the store, there were at least 10 people waiting in line to use it. 

Public service announcement:  
If you think about giving a gift card to someone next Christmas, forget about it, and just give them cash. 

No comments: