Friday, February 16, 2018

Rain Rain, Go Away

The Girls were just not in the mood for all of the rain this morning when I went out to let them out into the pen. It had rained a lot last night, and I'm guessing there was a good two inches of rain in their pen.  

I opened the side door to pet them all and have our morning ritual of telling them that they are pretty girls, and then I opened the door that would let them get into the pen.  I wish I'd had a night vision camera to film this, because it was without a doubt the funniest thing I've seen my Girls do in the 10 months that we've had them.  One girl was in the doorway at the top of the ramp leading out, and her sisters were all behind her.  She took a few steps down the ramp and then must had seen the standing water, because she came to a dead stop.  Her sisters behind here were all bumping into each other, because they wanted out and their sister was holding up traffic.  The girl on the ramp finally edged her way down, and once she hopped onto the watery ground, she ran over and got a drink from the waterer and then pushed her way back up the ramp to get inside the coop where it was warm.  And her sisters did the same.   And I can't blame them one bit. 

No comments: