Friday, May 6, 2016

Flashback Friday

Unless you've been on another planet, you know that tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby.  But today is a pretty special racing day at Churchill Downs, too.  It's Kentucky Oaks Day.  This is the big race for the fillies.  But I digress. 

This afternoon, my dear friend KD texted me and asked if I was at the Oaks this year.  I told him no, and that we were partying and betting from home.  But for the next few minutes, he and I reminisced about the year that we went to the Kentucky Oaks.  We were both decked out in our finest.  Mom and Gram made me a very cool hat to wear, and I was rocking out my Kelly green linen suit, with a pale yellow blouse, and finished the ensemble off with my beloved black snakeskin heels and matching purse.  (Note: this was pre-wreck foot reconstruction era).  KD was sporting an awesome seersucker suit and bowtie.  I can't remember if he wore a hat or not.  But we had an awesome time.  The only part that really sucked was me having to wait about an hour to go to the bathroom.  

 

No comments: