Friday, November 13, 2015

Flashback Friday

This evening, I think back to previous Friday the 13th's.  One in particular stands out in my mind. 

It was 1979, and Mom had picked me up from school and we were heading home in our very cool new 1979 VW Rabbit.  We were stopped at a stoplight, when a school bus plowed into the back of us.  Yep, a big school bus vs a little VW Rabbit.  Luckily, the car only needed a back bumper replace, which the city of Louisville quickly took care of.  Mom and I had some whiplash that lasted a couple of months.  But all in all, it could have been a lot worse. 

This flashback came to me earlier today on my way home, when the school bus in front of me ran the red light at the mega busy intersection of Greenbelt and Greenwood, and I had to floor the brakes to keep from going through the intersection.

Yep, it sure was Friday the 13th.

No comments: