Monday, October 5, 2015

Stay On Guard

Today, I received a very official looking letter in the mail with the return address of "Card Fraud Detection."  As soon as I saw the name on the return address, I knew it was a scam.  It said "this letter is to inform you that there have been recent transactions on your card that indicate someone may be using your card without your knowledge."  Let me interject that it SHOULD have said "this is to inform you that YOU have been using your card too many times on Amazon.com."  But I digress. It went on to give a phone number for me to call immediately.  

The first thing I did was go to the Kentucky Attorney General's web page, and I found numerous complaints about this, and I took a few minutes to file my own complaint.

Please pass this on,especially to any elderly folks you know - I'm sure there are many, many unsuspecting people out there that would call this number and end up giving them their debit/credit card number.  

No comments: