Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No Thanks, I'm Still Not Thirsty

Our friends at Jones Soda have done it again - just in time for the holidays, Jones Soda has introduced a new flavor:  green pea.  It makes sense to me - Jones already has turkey and gravy, dinner roll, sweet potato and antacid flavored sodas, so it seems fitting that they would add a vegetable flavored soda to round out the holiday meal experience. These five odd sodas are available for a limited time only in a special holiday pack, priced at $15.95.  That comes to about three bucks per bottle of soda - a bit pricey for my pocketbook.   At $3 a bottle, there'd better be something else in there besides vegetable flavoring.  But Jones Soda is doing their part once again to help the community, and they are donating a portion of every holiday pack sold to Toys For Tots and St. Jude's Children's Hospital. 

A few flavors from last holiday season didn't make it back this year - the broccoli casserole, corn on the cob and brussel sprout flavored sodas weren't popular enough to make it as part of this year's holiday pack.  I honestly cannot imagine what these holiday flavored sodas could taste like.  I did some quick research at the Jones Soda website and read that their holiday pack sodas are completely vegetarian, certified kosher, and contain zero caffeine, calories, and carbs.  This would have come in very handy last year, when I had a double root canal the week before Christmas.  I would have been able to drink my Christmas dinner instead of attempting to chew it. 
 

No comments: