Saturday, October 1, 2011

Spring Cleaning, Six Months Late

There's been a flurry of activity here at The Compound for the past few days.  We're in the midst of doing our spring cleaning in the fall. It's not that the house was a total pig sty; we just got sidetracked in the spring with other more important things going on and we decided we'd wait till the fall when the garden was over and we all had more free time.  so for the past few days, we've all been busy.  The first item on our list was to get rid of clothes and coats that we haven't worn in years.  We bagged them all up and will take them with us to church tomorrow for our clothes closet. 

Then Mom and Dad started replacing worn out mini-blinds in all of the rooms.  All I will say is she has a bizillion times more patience than I think I will ever have.  They were replacing the blinds in the back bedroom today while I cleaned and cleared off and around the computer desk.  I bought a cool plastic three-drawer storage bin on wheels and it fits perfectly between the dresser and the desk.  I took a break from my cleaning just to type this, so now I guess I'd better get back to work. 

No comments: