Saturday, October 15, 2011

File Under: OMG

A dear friend and faithful reader called me last night and told me about an interesting conversation she had with one of her coworkers yesterday.  After hearing the story, doubling over in laughter, and then asking for permission to divulge, here is the transcript:

Coworker of friend: Do you know if there is an obstetrician nearby?

Friend: (who first of all was wondering why the male coworker needed to know about an obstetrician) I'm not real sure, but there's probably one up in the medical complex on Dixie, next to where the Tumbleweed used to be.

Coworker of friend: I need to see one kinda quickly and I thought you might know of one nearby.

Friend: (who by  now knew her coworker was confused) An obstetrician delivers babies.

Coworker of friend: No, I need to see an eye doctor.

Friend: Then you need to see an optometrist or an ophthalmologist.


No comments: