Monday, October 3, 2011

Run Puddin, Run

Today I felt like Forest Gump.  Just about every phone call I had was from a plant supervisor telling me we were out of parts and couldn't build scheduled pumps.  While I was dealing with that and shuffling schedules around, I had two calls for lead time quotes on unusually quantities of two different pumps.  One was an actual order, and the other was just a quote.  I spent the majority of the day working on the quote lead time. It was only at about 3:00 this afternoon when someone from Marketing came down to my office and gave me a very critical piece of information about this quote; information that would have saved me a few hours of work on the quote.  I felt my blood pressure start to rise, but I managed to quasi keep my calm while expressing to the Marketing person the need for them to give us all of the information and not just a tiny piece of info.  It was at that point in the day that I wanted to be like Forest Gump and run out of the building and just keep on a-running. 

No comments: