Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello, Fall

It's been a couple of weeks since fall actually began, so I'm a little late in welcoming fall.  But better late than never, I always say. 

We had some almost early-winter weather last week, with a few days with the highs in the 50's, but it's warmed up and we've had highs in the low 80's for a few days now, and there are 80's in the forecast for another week.  And there's also no rain in the forecast.

So you couldn't ask for better weather right now.  It's perfect for all of the fall festivals and Oktoberfests going on, and perfect to just get outside.  Sure, you have to contend with all of the mold and pollen and other crap in the air.  I've heard more people complain about fall allergies in the past few weeks than I ever have.  I for one have gone to bed with my trusty Breathe Right strip across my nose.  But I digress.

I hope everyone will take the time to enjoy the nice fall weather here in the 'Ville, and go out and do something with your family for a change.  We all have a dozen things going on, and family members go in different directions.  And if you have kids, they're usually busy with sports or are glued to the computer or video games.  But make a point to drag them away and go something outside.  The 'Rents and I already have our Saturday planned out and it's filled with all kinds of activities - both indoor and outdoor.  So happy fall to you all.

No comments: