Thursday, October 27, 2011

So Happy It's Thursday

I don't know about you, but to me this has been an extremely long week at work.  It seems that we've had three Mondays in a row so far.  I hope that today doesn't turn out like another Monday.

In the days ahead at work, I'm going to be faced with a managerial task that I haven't had to deal with in my 10 months of being a boss:  filling out annual performance evaluations.  I've made a few notes, and will start filling them out today.  I only have three guys in my department, and unfortunately for me all three evaluations fall in the same quarter.  In filling them out, I'm going to remember some very good advice Diva Stacy gave me back in January when I became the department manager.  She said when in doubt about how to handle something, keep three things in mind: what's fair for me, what's fair for the employee, and what's fair for the company.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: