Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Dunno

This has been a very busy, eventful day.  My cousin from Georgia has made his annual fall trek up here to spend some time with us.  As usual, he wanted to go over to the boat and over to Hubers.  Well, as we all know, that's not such an easy task right now with the Sherman Minton Bridge closed. I made the executive decision that since I was driving, we would make both trips in one day.  The trip to the boat was about a half hour longer due to the detour, and once we got there we had a great time.  I was the big winner.  Meaning, I walked out of there with the same amount of money that I had when I walked in.  Then it was time for more travelling to Huber's.

Little did we know that some festival was going on at Huber's and that we would have to park out in a field.  I kept my cool.  And we all made the hike back up to the store and winery without any problems.  Dad and I went to the winery and bought our bottle of brandy that we'd been wanting, Mom went to the cheese shop and bought a pound of real butter, and my cousin went to the store and bought some stuff to take back to his coworkers. Then it was back to the car for the trip back to The Compound.  Needless to say, when we got home, we were ready for a nap but my cousin was hungry so we sprang into supper mode.  Mom heated up a quart of their many jars of green beans and got some corn out of the freezer and I ran out to pick up some fried chicken.

Now, we're all fed and full and want to take a nap. If only the cousin's cell phone wasn't ringing every ten minutes, we could all take a nap. I swear to Hannah, he was on his cell phone more today than any teenage girl would have been.  At one point, I asked him if he had worn a hole in the pocket of his shirt from taking the cell phone in and out.  I sure hope he's on an unlimited text plan.

No comments: