Friday, October 21, 2011

Flashback Friday

This isn't a normal Flashback, but it's enough of one to still fall in my Flashback Friday posts.  But even if it didn't, it wouldn't matter because this is my blog and I can say whatever I want.

That having been said, today, I ate a Hostess product that I probably hadn't had in over 20 years.  I had a Sno-Ball.  And it rocked.  First of all, let me say that I hate coconut.  I don't like the feel of the little coconut flakes.  But yet I like coconut flavor.  Go figure.  The last time I had a SnoBall was about 20 years ago, when a coworker, KPH, and I shared a pack.  We had the neon pink variety.  It rocked. It was so fresh and very goo-wee.

Since then, I always admired the SnoBalls.  They would come in various colors - green for St. Patrick's Day, orange for Halloween, white with little red marks like a baseball for spring and summer, and neon pink for the rest of the year.  But since I didn't like coconut I would never eat one.  Until today.

My old friend, faithful reader and coworker SH and I shared a pack of the orange SnoBalls today, and she said that hers was just as good, fresh, and goo-wee as she remembered as a kid.  So today's blog entry is a flashback for SH, too.

No comments: