Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm Not Going To Allow It

Last night while I was reading, I started getting a tickling in my throat which caused me to cough quite a bit. I didn't think anything else about until today at work when I started coughing again. I knew by the sound and feel of the cough that yesterday's prelude was not just an isolated incident. Yep, you guessed it - I think I'm getting a cold. But with my weekend trip to Cincinnati just two days away, I'm not going to allow a cold to get me down. I stopped on the way home and got some homeopathic cough syrup (I took it last fall when I had the flu and I think it was the only thing that cured my cough.) and took a dose of it after supper tonight. I've still coughed a little, and took a half hour nap before supper so I could rest up but I refuse to get a cold this week. Maybe if I hadn't been in a hurry this morning and remembered to wear my cool new winter hat to work I wouldn't started coughing this afternoon. Rest assured I'll be wearing my new hat tomorrow. In the meanwhile I'm going to rest as much as I can tonight and tomorrow night and take my cough syrup in hopes of knocking this out before it gets full blown. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: