Monday, September 22, 2008

The Year Of Trying New Things

I am very  happy to report that this past weekend I tried a vegetable that I thought I would never ever try: asparagus.  And I liked it.

It was steamed, and still in the al dente stage, and I have to say that it wasn't bad. If you'd asked me a year ago if I would try asparagus, I would have told you that you were crazy.  But I tried it and I liked it.  

 And on a totally unrelated noted, my cousin visiting from Georgia went shopping this weekend and bought Mom an asparagus steamer.  I have to admit that I'm looking forward to our first family portion of steamed asparagus.  I'll keep you posted. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I turned my nose on "asparagus" until I went overseas.  I went to a German resteraunt and ate their version of asparagus soup.  They have a white asparagus.  I'm telling you, I was hooked, it was great.  I wish I would take more time to cook, if I had time, LOL.  Glad you tried something new and liked it!