Friday, September 19, 2008

State Of Emergency, Day 6

As of this evening, about 100,000 homes are still without power.  But thank goodness all of the traffic lights on the streets close to The Compound are back on.  I pedaled by the infamous Swamp and the VFW Post, and discovered their power had been restored sometime since I pedaled past there last night. So things are getting back to "normal" in our area. 

Work today was anything but normal.  I've been through major problems and crises in my time at ZCO but I'd never witnessed anything like today.  Things were chaotic, but cool heads prevailed in the Production Scheduling department and even though we worked through lunch and a couple of us worked over, we were able to get all of the schedules shuffled around. 

And on an unrelated note, The Relative From Georgia arrived safely this a.m. at about 3:00 and has enjoyed his first day at The Compound.  He's off from work for one week, plus he's with me and the 'Rents; I ask you: what isn't there to enjoy?

No comments: