Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thanks, Rockford Manor

I normally don't talk doom and gloom, but I have to say that I've had a crappy week.  It started last Friday when I had to pay $$$ to get my Blazer fixed.  No, that wasn't a typo - I didn't mean to use "Blazer" instead of "BMW" - it was in deed my trusty SUV that needed new front brakes and some intense repairs to fix an oil leak.  I know - it's still hard for me to believe that it wasn't the BMW that needed to be fixed.  Anyhoo, I was bummed out all weekend and the first part of this week because I had to peel some major C-notes; C-notes that had originally been earmarked for a ticket to the Rolling Stones concert.  

For the past few days, family and friends made comments to me, like "Is something wrong?" or "Why are you so quiet?"  So here I was this evening, still moping around and bummed over the money spent on the Blazer.  But that all changed when Mom and I made our monthly visit with the Ladies Auxiliary members to the nursing home.  I always look forward to going to the nursing home because it always lifts me up and makes me realize that my so-called problems don't amount to a hill of beans.  This visit was no exception.  This visit, I helped out Netta, Angie and Janice play bingo, and they don't know it but they were the ones that helped. 

Everyone had a great time at Rockford Manor tonight - especially me. 

No comments: