Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New TV Show Review, Sorta

Disclaimer:  Faithful reader discretion is advised.  The following journal entry might not be of interest to my male faithful readers.  But this is my journal and I can write whatever I want to. 

In TWIT, I normally don't review TV shows, unless I discuss "Rockstar" or something that happened on "All My Children".  But last night I watched a preview episode of a new show on Fox called "Vanished."  I can't give many details about the plot because I didn't pay that much attention; my eyes were glued to the set watching the star of the show, Gale Harold.  Joking aside, the show is about a Senator's wife that is supposedly kidnapped.  Gale Harold plays an FBI agent working the case.  Let me say this now and get it over with - in my opinion, Gale Harold is the hottest man ever to draw a breath. 

I first saw Gale Harold when he was the star on a Showtime Original Series that ran for five years.  I didn't really like the show, but I watched every episode just to see him.  Sad, I know.  You would have thought I was ten years old watching David Cassidy on "The Partridge Family."  I've read some articles that said Gale Harold resembles Ashton Kutcher.  I can see the resemblance, but Gale Harold is way hotter. 

Enough of my fawning over Gale Harold and how hot I think he is; back to "Vanished."   As I mentioned, a Senator's wife is missing, and it's up to our hero FBI agent Graham Kelton to solve the case.  The show is a bit like "24", in that each episode will take up where it left off the week before.  So if you watch it a few shows into the season, you might be a bit lost.  But thanks to the internet and forums, I'm sure there will be tons of sites where you can find recaps of the show.  From the reviews, "Vanished" promises to be a combination of "CSI", "24" and "The DaVinci Code" all rolled into one.  After watching the first episode, I didn't see the show hinting at some centuries-old mystery a la "The DaVinci Code" but we did find out that the Senator's wife had quite a few secrets, and we were introduced to a few suspects. Stay tuned.  I'll let you know if/when they find the Senator's wife.  Fox can count on me being a faithful viewer as long as the show is on the air.

No comments: