Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Have You Tried eBay, Cher?

I guess retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be for Cher.  I read today that in October, Cher will be auctioning off over 700 personal items from her Malibu home.  I don't know if she needs the money or if she just wants to get rid of some things around the house.  She had her farewell tour earlier this year, and she's only been officially retired a few months, so hopefully she hasn't already gone through all of her retirement fund.  Maybe she has too much pride to ask her kids Chastity and Elijah for help.

The sale includes furniture, artwork, jewelry, a 2003 H2 Hummer and original costumes by Bob Mackie.  Up on the auction block are a brass bed, circa 1865; 200 pieces from her wardrobe and costume collection, including outfits she wore on "The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour" and an original Bob Mackie-designed gown she wore to the Academy Awards.

I'd love to be able to bid on some of these items, but I think her auction at Sotheby's is a bit out of my league.  If I had the cash, the one item I would bid on would be the Indian costume (complete with headdress) that Cher wore on TV when she sang "Halfbreed" as she sat on a white and brown pinto horse.  If that outfit is on the auction block, I'll be auctioning off some of my personal items so I can afford it. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would I love to be able to wear one of her outfits......I would have to diet and have a trainer for sure......lol ~ think Glenn would bid on some of her jewelry for me? sure...lmao ~Barb

Anonymous said...

Big Mama, I think you need to have Glenn buy you Cher's outfit from the "If I Could Turn Back Time" video.  You'd be one hot number in that.

Anonymous said...

Hot......with embarrassment.....all my rolls and bulges hanging out.......mercy what a site to behold!..........lmao

this blog should have spell check I had to get the Webster out......to spell embarrass.

Anonymous said...

Valuable resource of ebay news summaries: <a href="http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=ebay">http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=ebay</A>