Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm Glad I Don't Like Dark Chocolate

As of tonight, this item hasn't made it to eBay.  Yet.  Workers at a Bodega Chocolates, gourmet chocolate company in southern California have discovered under a 2-inch-tall column of chocolate drippings that they believe bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary.  A worker came into the factory Monday morning, and started to clean the chocolate drippings and discovered the blog of chocolate drippings.  Since the discovery Monday, employees have spent much of their time hovering over the tiny figure, praying and placing rose petals and candles around it.  I hope they don't get their candles too close to the chocolate, or else it will melt.

I did some research about chocolate factories, and discovered something very interesting: chocolate drippings usually harden in thin, flat strips, most often on wax paper.But Cruz Jacinto the employee that found the iconic chocolate said she froze when she noticed the unusual shape of this drippage:  it looked just like the Virgin Mary on the prayer card she always carries in her right pocket.

I looked at the above picture for about 10 minutes and just couldn't see the Virgin Mary in it.  But as I've been typing this journal entry, I can see it clearly now.  To me, the picture isn't as clear as it was on the grilled cheese or the cinnamon bun, but I can see a woman in the chocolate drippings.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that time I found a potato chip with Ginghis Khan on it?  We should have put that on ebay.

Anonymous said...

MamakinSDF, I am truly hurt that you would have to ask if I remember the infamous Ginghis Khan Wavy Lays chip.  Remember, hell.  I still have it - stored safely in a plastic margarine bowl.  We'll put it on eBay and make enough to we can buy The First Lady Of Country Music's tour bus.