Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Drama At The Pizza Buffet

I had a very drama-filled lunch yesterday. I went to Pizza Hut for their buffet.  In case you didn't know, I love Pizza Hut thin crust pizza.  When I arrived, I was the only person in the restaurant.  I got my drink and then went to the pizza counter.  They only had pepperoni in the thin crust, so I got one piece of that and two pieces of the supreme pan pizza.  While I was eating a major WT couple came in and ordered the buffet.  I heard them say "No soft drink, we'll just have water."  Maybe they don't like Pepsi products.  Anyhoo, they went to the buffet and I swear in court all totalled, they each had 4 plates full of pizza.  When I say full, I mean at least 5 or 6 pieces on each plate.  That having been said, let's get to the drama, shall we?

I ate my thin crust pizza and could only  make it through half of one of the pieces of pan pizza because it was just too doughy, so I just ate the toppings. Then I saw a worker bring out a thin crust pizza.  I scurried over there and the WT man had literally ran across the restaurant to get to the new pizza.  I had grabbed a clean plate and had just put the pancake turner thing under the pizza and was ready to get a slice of supreme thin crust when the WT man said "I can only eat the thin crust.  They made that specifically for me.  You can't get that."  Do I even need to mention how that lit my fuse?   I said "Oh, they did, did they?"  He said "Yes, I told them to."  I said (in a louder voice so the manager and workers could hear me) "OK - so you're telling me I can't have one piece of this entire large pizza because you "can't" (I put down my plate and used my fingers to make the quotation mark gesture) eat any other type of pizza crust."  He just looked at me like I had 3 heads, grabbed the spatula and proceded to pile his plate full of the thin crust pizza.  I bent over and looked at the pizza pan and then said "Hmmmm I don't see a sign on here that says "property of . . ." so unless you bought and paid for a large pizza, anyone in this restaurant can eat a slice of your pizza. " With that I reached for another spatula and  put one more piece of the thin crust pizza on my plate and went back to my booth and finished eating. 

When I got back to work, I told the story to my co-workers, who raised a fewquestions about the pizza buffet.  I've a feeling you might be wondering the same so I'll answer them for you.  First of all, no I wasn't scared.  He had about a hundred pounds on me, but I know I could have outran him while he was still eating his fourth plate of pizza.  Second, no I wasn't packing.  And third, no, I was not under the influence of drugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pizza rage? you go girl!