Tuesday, November 2, 2004

New Product Review

Has anyone tried the new Black Pepper Jack Doritos?  They rock.  I saw them on display at Kroger's this weekend.  They were on sale for a dollar off, so I bought a bag to try.  They were great.  They weren't realy spicey from the black pepper, and they weren't overly cheesey like the nacho flavored Doritos.  The combination was just right.  The thing I like most about the Black Pepper Jack Doritos is how my fingers didn't get all covered with the flavoring, like they do with I eat the nacho cheese or guacamole Doritos. 

I wonder if anyone remembers the original Doritos? They were taco flavored.  But they didn't taste anything like today's taco flavored Doritos.  The original Doritos had a dark brown seasoning on them.  I remember ruffling through the bag to get the ones that had the most seasoning.  They were awesome.  The first time I had Doritos was at a birthday party in the early 70s.  The hostess had them arranged on a tray with a little bit of melted chedder cheese and half of a green olive on each chip.  They also had a new dip at the party - Hidden Valley ranch dip.  Little did the Ryan family know that they were trendsetters.

I took my bag of Black Pepper Jack Doritos to a small gathering of friends Saturday night.  The three of us ate the whole bag.  We didn't have any ranch dip to try, but the hostess made some French onion dip for us.  It was a great combo.  The Black Pepper Jack Doritos are only available for a limited time, so get out this week and try a bag. You won't be disappointed.  I would never lead you astray when it comes to junk food. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I have never tried Black Pepper Jack Doritos.  I'm still searching for Taco Flavored ones.  I live in Virginia and it's hard to find them.  Do you know the best place to find them?  The original kind.

Anonymous said...

I am eating the new peper jack doritos right now... they are great! much better than the regular nacho cheese flavored doritos...and about as good as the cool ranch flavor... why do companies  cancel the best flavors?

Anonymous said...

I am eating the new peper jack doritos right now... they are great! much better than the regular nacho cheese flavored doritos...and about as good as the cool ranch flavor... why do companys cancel the best flavors?