Monday, November 22, 2004

My New Friend

I made a new friend this weekend.  I know my faithful readers are a curious bunch, so I thought I'd post a few pictures of my new friend. 

I know what you're thinking.  No, he's not married to Faith Hill.   No, he hasn't sold a bizillion records.  And no, he's not the hottest male country singer Tim McGraw.  But he sure looks like him, doesn't he?  He's my new friend, Scott.  He's won look-a-like and lip sync contests; I can sure see why.  This guy has the whole Tim McGraw experience down - the stance, the goatee and sideburns, the squinty eyes, the clothes, everything.  I've to say I was very impressed.

Scott's dad Dale works with me, and lives in the subdivision across the street from our house.  A few months ago, Dale brought in a picture that appeared to be country singer Sara Evans and Tim McGraw.  I looked at the picture and thought "Cool - he went to their concert and got their picture."  I'm sure my jaw hit the floor when Dale said "That's my son Scott."  He had some more pictures taken at one of the contests and I was impressed.  I asked Dale to let me know when his son came over so I could meet him and get my picture taken with him to show off.  So Dale stopped by Saturday afternoon and said he would bring Scott over.  When I answered the door an hour later, once again my jaw hit the floor.  We didn't tell Mom about him coming over, and I think her jaw hit the floor, too.  He swaggered over and bent down and even gave her a kiss on the cheek.  She was impressed, too, LOL.   He chatted with us all for about 20 minutes, and then asked if he could see my guitars.  I even let him play my prized Takamine.  He posed for pictures with me and Dad; Mom didn't feel very photogenic - she said she didn't want her picture taken without her hair being fixed. 

Yes, I was impressed because this young guy was a dead ringer for Tim McGraw.  But what impressed me even more than his appearance was his attitude and personality.  He wasn't cocky, thinking he was all that because he was a good looking guy that looked exactly like Tim McGraw.  He was very humble, almost apologetic.  He took the time to come over to our house and pose for pictures, and he spent time talking with my parents. We found out they were on their way to visit his step-dad in the hospital, and afterwards they were going over to Kosair Children's Hospital afterward to take some stuffed animals to the kids there.  What a guy.  Any young man taking time out of a Saturday evening to visit kids in the hospital is #1 in my book, regardless of who they look like.  Way to go, Scott.  You rock. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After taking with Scott this week, I've decided to put my MBA to good use and might become this kid's manager.  I think he could make it in one of those "Legends" shows out in Vegas.  I'll keep you posted.