Sunday, November 14, 2004

Link of the Week

I bet you thought the election was over - not here in Kentucky.  There's one more thing we have to vote on: Kentucky's new slogan.  Your choices are "Kentucky - Unbridled Spirit" or "Kentucky - Where Legends Are Born."  Both slogans, or "brands" as they are being called by the highly paid PR firm that thought this up, have the horserace theme going on. 

Anyone can vote for the slogan - just go to www.kentucky.gov/brand.  Voting ends at midnight on November 21.  The winner will be announced on November 24.  I can hardly wait. 

I don't think we need a new slogan - what's wrong with "The Bluegrass State?"  But if we have to get a new slogan, I'm disappointed that my personal favorite didn't make it to the finals - "Getting Lucky In Kentucky."

No comments: