Friday, August 27, 2004

Winners from the 2004 Kentucky State Fair

The award for the best hair-do of the 2004 Kentucky State Fair goes to a young Caucasion man in his early 20's with the biggest afro I've ever seen.  His afro was bigger than anything the Jackson Five could have come up with.  And it was perfectly round, too.  I'm guessing that his barber/hair stylist also moonlights as a landscaper - it reminded me of the shrubs that people have trimmed into a ball.  I was very impressed.  While we're talking about fair hair, I did see a few mullets last night. 

The prize for the best t-shirt slogan goes to a teenage girl wearing a t-shirt that simply said "A little drama never hurt anybody."  I think my company should order them for all of us.  I know I would wear one.

The trophy for the silliest souvenir sold at the fair is shared this year.  It was a tie between white feather boas with red and blue twinkle lights, and large fake fur animal print cowboy hats. 

No comments: