Monday, August 2, 2004

Terror Alert

This was a sucky day.  With the new intel that we received about al-Qaida attacks, I decided I was not about to risk life and limb and go to work.  Yes, I know that I don't work for one of the financial institutions mentioned in the intel, but I didn't want to take any unnecessary chances.  But after hearing Tom Ridge say that extra security measures were being taken to ensure safety in the workplace, I decided to go on to work.  But I was late getting there because I spent 20 minutes looking for my sunglasses. I knew I left them on the kitchen counter, but they were nowhere to be found.  I gave up and went on to work, and tried to get my boss to believe that the reason I was late was because a gigantic Pac Man ate everything on our kitchen counter. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny.  LMAO

I believe this same culprit has been terrorizing my kitchen counter as well.  Attacking assorted keys, bills and loose money.  Hadn't thought about using it as an excuse to call in.  Hmmmmm......

Anonymous said...

So, did he buy it?  ;-)