Friday, August 6, 2004

Farewell Rick James

LOS ANGELES -- Funk legend Rick James, best known for the 1981 hit "Super Freak" before his career collapsed in a cloud of violent drug charges, died Friday. He was 56. James died in his sleep at his residence near Universal City, apparently of natural causes.

He was arrested, convicted, and spent a few years in prison for tying up a woman and burning her with a pipe while he was freebasing coke. I somehow doubt that with his past and his relatively young age that he died of natural causes.  But he did make the Jheri curl popular, so I'll give him props for that. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it was a crime to "type up" a woman. I thought that was called "flirting"?  ;-)

I agree with you, I'd like to see tox reports.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for pointing out my typographical error.  It has since been corrected.