Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Ask Me To Smile

I'm happy to report that after two long years, I'm finally finished at the U of L Dental School.  No, not as a student, but as a patient.  A very patient patient. 

I'm not proud of this, but I will admit that I was scared to death of going to the dentist.  So I just didn't.  Even after I chipped a tooth, I still wouldn't go.  Then two summers ago, a tooth became so sensitive to heat and cold, that I had to eat and drink everything at room temperature.  I knew then that I had to buck up and take it like a woman.  Now, after 8 filling restorations, one tooth extraction, and major wisdom tooth removal, it's over.  And I lived through it.  Now the visible part of my treatment plan remains - teeth whitening.  After all I've been through during the past two years, I'm finally going to get dental work that people will be able to see. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so glad to hear that it's FINALLY OVER. Being a dentist-phobe myself, I'm envious that you have had consistent courage to get it all done. :)

Anonymous said...

If two years of treatment is what it takes for you to be able to enjoy an icy cold brew...it was worth it.