Monday, February 26, 2024

I Want A Do-Over

 Yesterday was not a good day for me here at The Compound.  Almost everything I touched either broke or quit working.  My bad luck started off when I was putting some glasses in the cabinet and broke one of my favorite etched Good Shepherd Security Consulting glasses.  Then the handle of a pan broke off; luckily the pan was empty or else that would have been another piece of bad luck. Then I tried (key word) to turn on the lamp by my recliner and it wouldn't work.  I tried three new bulbs and nothing.  This morning I am going to a lamp repair shop and hopefully they will be able to fix it.  Some might say "just buy another lamp" but not me.  It is one of a set of two heavy, sturdy brass lamps that we've had for years, and I want to keep the matching set. Then to top off the day, KFC got my order wrong.  

I've been up for an hour, and so far I haven't broken or spilled anything.

Stay tuned.

No comments: