Sunday, January 21, 2024

The Party Countdown Continues

 The Old Man's 90th birthday party is one week from today.  I am happy to report that things are being checked off of my big to-do list and I am on schedule.  The cake is ordered and it should be epic; the surprise charcuterie boards in the shape of 9-0 is ordered, and will be delivered Sunday morning, as will the cake.  The food for our party is all taken care of - two dear family friends are taking care of BBQ pork and baked beans, and my Favorite Cousin will be making macaroni salad, which is the Old Man's favorite. I will devil eggs, so I can say that I did something for his party besides write checks.   Disposable plates, glasses, cutlery and napkins have been purchased.  So tomorrow I will continue with the final phase - the cleaning phase.  I already started by vacuuming the back bathroom and back bedroom, so in the morning after breakfast I will clear out and clean the countertops and the island so we will have room for the food. Tuesday, I will sweep the family room, kitchen and dining room, and then will mop. 

Stay tuned for updates. 


No comments: