Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Worrisome Wednesday

 We were finally able to get blood work for the Old Man today.  We haven't been able to get it in three weeks due to the cyber attack on the entire Norton Hospital system.  Luckily the lab portion of the system was back up yesterday.  We were there promptly at 1:30, after their lunch break.  They took him right back.  Then it took three attempts by two different nurses to get a good vein.  I don't need to tell you he was way over it.  But he took it like a trooper.  To help ease the pain, we went out to our new favorite Jeff's Donuts for one of his favorite huge apple fritters.  Now we have to wait for a call from the doctor about the results of the blood work -- mainly about one of his kidney numbers that had increased since his last blood work and is a big concern. 

Then I had my share of worrisome things.  A few months ago, I became the treasurer for our women's group at church.  Until today, things were going smooth.  I emailed the business administrator at church yesterday, asking for a financial report that he sends me monthly about any money gone in and out of our women's group account.  I didn't see two pretty big checks on there for mission projects.  I emailed him this morning and he promptly emailed back apologizing that those two check requests fell through the cracks.  So now I'm waiting for a call back from the leader of our women's group so I can explain this to her.  It might not seem all that bad, but one of the checks was going to a medical mission group's trip on the Amazon, and they left on the trip this past Friday.  

Needless to say, I'm nerved up about waiting for the blood work results and waiting for the women's group leader to call me back.  

Stay tuned.  

No comments: