Monday, May 8, 2023

Happy Monday . . . Not

 Saturday, I got our water bill.  I was shocked as all get out to see they said we used 17,000 gallons of water in the last billing cycle.  I did what anyone would do - I checked the Dixie Highway Facebook page, only to find over 300 posts from people in this area with the same issue.  The water company came to most of the homes in this area early spring and replaced the meters.  

I called the water company this morning at 9:00 when they opened, and got to speak to a great customer service rep.  Within an hour, someone from the water company was here checking out the meter.  He said there was a leak, and for me to call a plumber.  So I called our trustworthy plumber, and they had someone here within two hours.  He confirmed there was a leak, and they will be back in the morning to dig up the line and find and repair the leak.  

It's not all that doom and gloom - if the leak is on the line from a coupling to the meter, it is all on the water company.  If it is on a spot beyond that, it is on me.  But the new homeowners insurance policy I have covers that.  So all in all, it's all good.  

Stay tuned.  

No comments: