Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Once Again, It Is Never Easy

 I procrastinated for two weeks, and finally this morning I went to Lowes to buy a new toilet seat for the back bathroom.  I got home, and within five minutes of opening the box, was on my way back to Lowes because the hardware pack was missing from the box.  The empty and torn pack that it came in was in there, though.  And to make it worse, the box was sealed on both ends.  I don't have to say how pissed off I was.  

Luckily it was fast to return it and get my money back and then hike to the back of the store to get another toilet seat. 

The Old Man and I spent about ten minutes taking the old seat off and putting the new seat on.  It would have been quicker if we'd had an extra skinny arm to reach underneath the toilet and help us.  But we got it done - without any fussing or flared tempers.  

I can now add another thing to my resume as a single homeowner.  

No comments: