Thursday, April 20, 2023

Soak Up The Sun

 When I went to the dermatologist on Monday, he gave me another coritisone shot for the itching, and he told me about an old school remedy to try.  He told me to get some tar lotion, and put it on my shoulders and neck where I have the eczema spots, and sit out in the sun for 20 minutes.  Ordinarily I would have been hesitant to try, but I remember that way back in the day at the Waverly Hills Sanitarium, they would put the tuberculosis patients outside during the day to soak up the sun to help.  And it worked.  So for the past two days, I've sat out by the chicken coop in a cut-up t-shirt to soak up the sun.  I know it's too early to tell a difference, but I do know that thanks to the cortisone shot and the sun, my itching has eased up the past two days.  

As long as it is warm enough, I will continue to put on the tar lotion and sit out and soak up the sun. 

Stay tuned. 

No comments: