Sunday, March 13, 2022

Selection Sunday

Today is Selection Sunday - the day when the NCAA conferences announce which teams will be going to the basketball tournament, aka March Madness.  But for me, every Sunday is Selection Sunday; it's the day I put together my menus for the upcoming week. I plan out breakfasts, lunches and suppers for the week for me and the Old Man.  With working during the day (note: 95 more work days until I retire) and having to fix his breakfast and pack my lunch before heading to work, and then getting something in the Crock Pot or fixing something fast when I get home, planning is a necessity.  It's things like this that make me glad that I turned out to be a professional scheduler.  

For supper, I only plan ahead for Monday through Thursday, since Friday is always Fish Friday.  This week, our choices are bowtie pasta with chicken, bbq chicken thighs in the Crock Pot, soup and grilled cheese, and on St. Patrick's Day, corned beef.  It's making me hungry.  Saturday and Sunday suppers are a little easier since I'm not rushed.

Now I'm hungry.

No comments: