Friday, March 18, 2022

Flashback Friday

 About 5 or so years ago, they bought a popcorn machine at work, and during March Madness, they would make popcorn for all of the plant and office employees to have on Thursdays and Fridays during March Madness.  That came to a screeching halt in March 2020 when the pandemic hit, but this March, they are back in business with popcorn.

This reminds me of when I was in elementary school.  Once Friday a month, the PTA room mothers would have a popcorn sale, and would sell bags of popcorn for 10 cents a bag after school.  There were strict rules with it, however - you were doomed if you opened the stapled bag on the school bus on your way home.

I always looked forward to popcorn Fridays.  When I got home from school, Gram would have a cold little green bottle of Coke waiting for me to drink while I ate my popcorn.  You can't imagine how big of a treat that was for me. 

Today, there were a dozen bags of popcorn leftover in our lunchroom this afternoon.  I brought some home to give to Large Marge (she loves popcorn) and to share with the Old Man.  I just wish we had some of the little bottles of Coke. 

No comments: