Sunday, January 30, 2022

Busy Weekend At The Compound

 It's been a busy weekend here at The Compound.  Here's a list of everything I've done since Saturday morning: 

1. Made French Toast for the first time yesterday morning for breakfast, and it was pretty good.  The Old Man said to put that in regular breakfast rotation. 

2. Made a trip to Lowes and then to Home Depot to get an old school mini blind to put up in the Old Man's bedroom.  We fought with a set of blinds I ordered from Amazon and neither one of us could figure out how the mounting brackets fit.  So I said to hell with it, and went first to Lowes, but couldn't get anyone to help me, so I said to hell with it once again, and went down the street to Home Depot, where a very kind and helpful young man named Amos found exactly what we needed, and he even trimmed it to our specifications.  

3. The Old Man and I spent another hour trying to get the proper fitting set of blinds hung.  After one small mishap that turned out fine, we got them hung in the existing brackets, and got the curtain back in place. 

4. Made my regularly scheduled Saturday trip to Krogers, only to find that early afternoon is way busier than when I go after breakfast.  Lesson learned. 

5. Made a new dish in the Crock Pot - Chicken Cacciatorie.  It was pretty good - the Old Man said to also put this in monthly supper rotation.

6.  This morning, I made a pot of Paula Deen's Taco Soup for supper later.  I am not ashamed to admit that I now take short cuts when any recipe calls for chopped onions: I buy a carton of chopped onions at the grocery.  

7. After watching our church service online, I thoroughly cleaned the kitchen.  I moved as much as I could off of the counter tops and got out my trusty bottle of Mr. Clean spray and went to town.  I even got an old toothbrush and scrubbed all around the faucet and all around the sink.  Then I moved on to cleaning the stove top.  Once again, thank your Mr. Clean. 

8. Now, I am ready to go run a couple of errands and then might come back and take a nap. But first, I have a little more work to do:  I'm almost positive the battery is extremely low on Tiny, so I will get my trustworthy jumper box and get the old Ranger going, and after it runs for a bit, I will head up to do my errands.

Stay tuned - I'm sure there will be more work for me to do later. 


No comments: