Friday, December 24, 2021

Happy Christmas Eve

TWIT and I would like to wish you, faithful readers, a happy Christmas Eve. 

In keeping with TWIT's Flashback Friday posts, I can't help but think back to Christmas Eve when I was a kid.  

After breakfast on Christmas Eve morning, I would get to open one present.  I would always pick a present from my Aunt Helen and Uncle Roy.  Being their favorite (and only niece) they would always send me two presents.  But I digress.  One of my favorite Christmas Eve presents from them was a Christmas stocking with "Ho Ho Ho" on it.  It was filled with some of my favorite candies, five dice, and some Yahtzee score pads.  Of course, I still have the stocking. 

Another Christmas Eve tradition that is still alive today is a snack supper instead of a full meal.  The menu hasn't changed much over the decades: shrimp, little buns with ham, a cheese ball, and spinach dip.  I can hardly wait till supper time. 

No comments: