Saturday, January 2, 2021

You Pay Your Money And You Take Your Chances

 Two months ago, I saw an ad on Facebook for an ice maker that makes the awesome pellet ice. It was only $19.99, so I thought what the hell - I'll take a chance. 

Early this morning, I got a text from the USPS where I'd been tracking the shipment saying it had been delivered.  Immediately my heart sank; I knew the ice maker was too big for our mailbox.  There in my mailbox was a small package - maybe 3 inches square.  I opened it to find a cheap watch. It was cheaper than what you would find in the gum ball machines.  Either the freight warehouse in Los Angeles where the shipment arrived sent me the wrong item or the company I bought it from screwed up.  Anyhoo, at this point I'm pretty sure I'll never see the $19.99 pellet ice maker. But just in case, I emailed the company and told them about the mix up. And I'm pretty sure I'll never hear from them, either. 

Stay tuned.  

No comments: