Friday, December 20, 2019

Flashback Friday

Back in the day when I was in elementary school, the Friday before we got out for Christmas break was one of the most awesome days of the whole school year.  

First of all, the room mothers would come to our classroom after lunch and we would have a big party - complete with cookies, cupcakes and Kool-Aid.  

Then we would all get a present.  A month earlier, we would all have drawn names, and would buy a $2 present for that person.  I remember getting some awesome presents during my elementary school days at Greenwood Elementary.  One was a cool bingo game, and my most favorite present was a multi-colored knitted cap, which I still have today. 

I'm sad to say that the kids today don't get to have a cool party like we did.  So much for political corectness. 

No comments: