Friday, September 25, 2015

Thank You, Little Queenie

I went to the track today aka Churchill Downs.  It was an awesome way to end a great week.  I went with one of my dear coworkers PW.  It was a bittersweet visit to the track.  PW will most likely be going to work at our sister company in Taiwan within the next six months.  He'll be there for about five years.  Yep, that sucks for me, but it is an awesome opportunity for him.  So to celebrate and spend some time together before he goes, we went to the track today.  We had an awesome time (sorry for using "awesome" so much, but it's descriptive and it fits.)  

My friend PW came out quite a bit ahead on his betting, and thanks to Little Queenie in the 9th, I broke even.  There were a number of reasons I bet on Little Queenie.  First, "Little Queen" is on of my fave songs by my beloved group Heart.  Second, it was a gray horse.  Third, a former coworker Kray-Z Kay used to call me Queenie.  So I just had to bet on it.  And $140 later, I'm glad I did. 


No comments: