Thursday, August 30, 2012

Try, Try Again

I had a hankering for bag of plain potato chips to go with my lunch today, so I visited the upstairs lunchroom to get a bag from their vending machine. There was a big yellow post-it note on the machine, saying that the owed a person 80 cents because the bag of sour cream and chive chips they'd wanted were stuck and wouldn't fall out.  I was getting ready to buy my plain chips when I was paged over the intercom.  Not remembering there was a phone in the lunchroom, I walked over to a cubicle and used a phone.  When I got back to the lunchroom and was getting ready to get my chips, I'd noticed that there was now a second name on the post-it note, saying that this person, too, was owed 80 cents because their sour cream and chive potato chips were stuck and didn't fall out.  Yep, now there were two bags stuck.  My guess is the second person thought that if they bought a bag, it would cause the stuck bag to fall out, so they would be able to double-dip.  But karma had another idea. 

No comments: