Saturday, August 11, 2012

Farmtown Update

Hopefully, the next time I see this jar of perfect canned green beans, there will be a blue ribbon attached to it. Wish us luck on this year's entry in the Kentucky State Fair.

Even though this year's garden was (and I quote) "the worst garden I've ever had" as Dad tells it, they were able to get three big pickings from the green beans.  And on after the third picking, Mom and Dad hand sorted the beans and got the prettiest ones and using a ruler, uniformly cut the beans.  For the past month, I've had this jar in bubble wrap sittng back in a corner of a shelf in the hall closet where nobody could accidentally break it. This morning I got the jar out, tied my entry tag on it, and took it over to the fairgrounds.  Now all we have to do is wait for the judging.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: