Monday, August 27, 2012

Re-Entry

One of my work peeps said something to me this afternoon that really struck a chord with me. Earlier today, she and I had been joking about me being on vacation last week, and at the end of the day today she said something very profound and blog-worthy:  she said "Re-Entry is hell."  Amen. 

"Re-Entry" is the best way I can think of to refer to the first day back at work after a week of vacation. You've had a week of sleeping late, taking naps, and doing whatever you wanted to do (except work) and then you're thrust back into the reality of work.  It makes perfect sense to me.

That having been said, re-entry wasn't too bad today.  I'm very very lucky because with the nature of our work in the production scheduling department, scheduling and inventory have to be done daily and with a deadline, so when a person is out, the other three pick up their slack and do their work.  So the beauty of it is when you come back from vacation or even a day off, there's no big pile of work that you need to do to catch up.  So my re-entry wasn't bad at all.

No comments: