Monday, June 7, 2010

Just Say No

While driving home from an awesome evening out with an old friend, I got a phone call from another friend who was frantic. To make the very, very long story short, the phone call was a solicitation for me to help out a friend of a friend who is in a very big bind right now. All it would take would be about 3 hours of my time tomorrow evening. The circumstances are very extenuating, and like I said, it would only take my Tuesday evening, but I wished I had the balls to have told them no. Instead I said "I can't be a hardass and say I won't help" when deep down inside I wish I had been a hardass and said no I don't want to help. I'll find out later this evening if I have to give up my Tuesday evening to help out. I sure as hell hope not. As always, I'll keep you posted, and in the meantime, I'm going to start learning to say no.

No comments: